Is my cats incision infected?

Kassi5696

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone

I am a new member here and a new kitten mom. A week ago I went my female kitten to the vet to be sprayed and since then I am super anxious and trying to keep an eye on her at all times. The vet put her the collar after the surgery but she took it off 4 times so I have to be very careful that she doesn't lick or scratch the wound. Since yesterday the wound is leaking a transparent fluid with a little bit of blood but not too much fluid just a little bit. Should I be worried? Our next appointment to the vet is in 2 days but do you think that I have to call her tomorrow?
P. S I am sorry if my English is not very good but is not my native language.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
The first picture with a bit of redness was a slight concern, but that second picture looks like everything is going well. If you have an appointment in two days, I think you'll be good until then.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone

I am a new member here and a new kitten mom. A week ago I went my female kitten to the vet to be sprayed and since then I am super anxious and trying to keep an eye on her at all times. The vet put her the collar after the surgery but she took it off 4 times so I have to be very careful that she doesn't lick or scratch the wound. Since yesterday the wound is leaking a transparent fluid with a little bit of blood but not too much fluid just a little bit. Should I be worried? Our next appointment to the vet is in 2 days but do you think that I have to call her tomorrow?
P. S I am sorry if my English is not very good but is not my native language.
Thank you in advance
Hi Kassi5696 Kassi5696 ...it's probably good to phone the Vet tomorrow, and ask if you can send the photos over...through email.
But I don't think you have to worry.

What I think you are seeing in the first photo, is that your cat's body is having a slight reaction to the subcutaneous suture, ...or the Vet used surgical glue to close the external skin layer...and then the glue fell off...leaving it a bit more wet and fluid looking.
A scab may have formed over the incision, and then it fell off...leaving more of the 'serum' type of fluid on the top.
It kind of looks like you can see the fatty layer, underneath the skin layer...but that should scab over.

The second photo looks a lot cleaner than the first photo.
Were they taken on the same day, ...at different times?

If the incision continues to heal...like the second photo...and no excess yellowish pus/discharge is seen, plus no further openings, and angry redness, or higher temperatures...then it should all heal well.
Is your cat also eating, drinking and using her litter box as usual?

(PS...your english is very good. no worries there. :))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kassi5696

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your responses 😊
Yes she is eating, drinking and using the litter box just like she did before the surgery and I was very surprised because after 24h of the surgery she was back at her feet and very lively and happy. Also today I gave her the last dose of antibiotic. I took the second photo the same day as the first one but I had cleaned the wound with a little bit of water and bandage.