Is my cat too thin?

sammimarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I got Nattie back in July after she was found by another couple who couldnt keep her. They had her checked over when they found her, the vets said Nattie was underweight! They also had her flead and wormed, and got her up to date with injections.

Anyway I took her in not long after, she's been an indoor cat since (she does get fresh air from my balcony)

Anyway, come the start of September Nattie goes into labour and out pop 6 beautiful kittens! I was completely unaware she was pregnant when i took her in, the previous couple hadnt mentioned it! And there was me thinking she had just gotten fat a month after I had her because I was feeding her too much!

The kittens are now 6 weeks old and are almost fully weaned from Nattie.

Nattie is eating and drinking normally, but my mother seems to feel she is too thin.
I cant see her bones sticking out when i look at her but i can feel them slightly when i pick her up.

Is she too thin? Or does she just seem thin because up until now she'd been feeding her kittens?

I know she hasnt got worms or fleas..

There is a picture attached, what does everyone else think?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She doesn't look too thin in that picture, but with lots of fur, it's often hard to tell.  You should be able to slightly feel their rubs when gently press on them, but not feel them too easily.  Their hip bones should not jut out, not should their spine be easily felt.  Those are the signs that I am aware of to look for in a skinny cat.