Is my cat pregnant?

elligibson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so me and my fiance definitely believe she is but, she has been raising her butt in the air & rolling around on the floor like she’s in heat. but she has licked all the hair away from her nipples, she’s leaking clear liquid (maybe colostrum). Her milk ducts has gotten a lot bigger and theyre starting to hang down more, she’s gained a lot of weight since she bred, it’s just the fact that shes showing a few signs of heat, she will be 65 days pregnant on December 30th, so she’s very close and we are really just wanting someone to tell us if they believe she’s pregnant and if we should prepare for kittens. i will attach photos of her for better reference.
IMG_2362.jpeg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They can become in heat alike behavior at the end of pregnancy. Its not unusual they are mated by toms, apparently voluntarily.

Its perhaps a way of Mother Nature to get things going??

Do you feel kittens move? You should be able now, with just 2 weeks left...

If you dont feel any movements, it MAY be false pregnancy. Not very common but it certainly happens.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you breed her on purpose? How old is your cat?

She definitely looks and sounds pregnant, and, as stated, would be very close to giving birth any day now if so. However, aside from her nipples, her belly is not very big. If she is pregnant, she may be carrying only one or two kittens. Or, as suggested, it could be a false pregnancy. Time will tell unless you take her in for an x-ray. That would answer your question for sure!

Do you have a vet phone number handy in case you need it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elligibson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They can become in heat alike behavior at the end of pregnancy. Its not unusual they are mated by toms, apparently voluntarily.

Its perhaps a way of Mother Nature to get things going??

Do you feel kittens move? You should be able now, with just 2 weeks left...

If you dont feel any movements, it MAY be false pregnancy. Not very common but it certainly happens.
we think we have felt very light movement but we don’t know for sure, i have researched tons on pseuodo-pregnancy and i don’t believe it is one cause they don’t typically last this long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elligibson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you breed her on purpose? How old is your cat?

She definitely looks and sounds pregnant, and, as stated, would be very close to giving birth any day now if so. However, aside from her nipples, her belly is not very big. If she is pregnant, she may be carrying only one or two kittens. Or, as suggested, it could be a false pregnancy. Time will tell unless you take her in for an x-ray. That would answer your question for sure!

Do you have a vet phone number handy in case you need it?
i have spoke with a vet and they said that she definitely sounds pregnant and that her hormones could just be confusing her, but she’s been doing the raising her butt in the air thing since she became pregnant but she seems to only do it when you scratch near that area or pick her up, sometimes she comes up to us randomly and does it. but i’ve read that some cats do that as a quirk. and no we didn’t breed her on purpose we planned to have her spayed but she got outside while in heat and mated and we know for sure because we saw her run off with the male cat. and yes her belly isn’t big and thats also another reason we’re struggling to figure out what’s going on, but her belly is way bigger than when before she mated and it’s very firm to the touch.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
i have researched tons on pseuodo-pregnancy and i don’t believe it is one cause they don’t typically last this long.
sometimes they can be quite long. I remember the first wife to our Ancestor. They mated succesfully, she become preg... We counted days and wait eagerly and anxiously on report on the birth. And yeah, the telephone rings precisely on the day of 65, BUT they asks when we can have a new mating... It was a false pregnancy after all... (this time we said no tx. Our Ancestor had later other wifes with more responsible owners... Yes, he was a stud).