Is my cat pregnant?

etown260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 4 cats. 2 boys and 2 girls and neither of them are fixed currently. 3 of the 4 are siblings and the 4th one is my oldest at about a year and a half old. The last cycle I tracked for her was roughly around the end of September to the beginning of October. At first she didn't want to eat for a while and she's eating more now. She's super fluffy and I checked her nipples and they look different than before (at first they were small and tiny but now theyre a little elongated, pink, and roundish) and now her belly is round wide and kinda firm. My original 2 theories are she likes the food we got them or she's pregnant. Here's a recent picture I have of her for reference but I don't have any nipple pictures or a view of her belly. I'll also add she's sleeping a lot which does concern me if she's not pregnant.
Screenshot_20231203_184107_Reddit.jpg

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since you have 2 intact males, it is almost a sure bet that your cat is pregnant from your description of her nipples, belly, and behavior. If her last heat cycle was early October, she is likely due in the next couple of weeks. Prepare for kittens!

Here are helpful links:

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth - TheCatSite

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? [Answered] - TheCatSite

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! - The Essential Guide For Worried Owners - TheCatSite

In the meantime, can you get your male cats neutered? It will prevent future pregnancies (though your females need spaying eventually), and the boys will not develop spraying and other aggressive male cat tendencies.

Please do keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

etown260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here's a better picture of how she generally sleeps plus the size of her belly and fluff
20231203_225612.jpg

etown260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since you have 2 intact males, it is almost a sure bet that your cat is pregnant from your description of her nipples, belly, and behavior. If her last heat cycle was early October, she is likely due in the next couple of weeks. Prepare for kittens!

Here are helpful links:

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth - TheCatSite

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? [Answered] - TheCatSite

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens! - The Essential Guide For Worried Owners - TheCatSite

In the meantime, can you get your male cats neutered? It will prevent future pregnancies (though your females need spaying eventually), and the boys will not develop spraying and other aggressive male cat tendencies.

Please do keep us posted!
She's in labor and currently has 1 kitten (orange)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How are things today? More kittens? All nursing? Is mom doing okay?

etown260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are things today? More kittens? All nursing? Is mom doing okay?
She has 3 kittens. Colors are orange, calico, and cream and all of them both mom and babies are doing very well. All are eating, drinking plenty of water, bonding, and nursing. I'm so proud of her and occasionally she would come to me for some scratches or look at me from the box and ask for scratches 🥰