Is my cat pregnant

Solsticethemainecoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just looking for some advise I have recently brought a Maine Coon she is 6 months old she’s been with us just over a week now so when we picked her up they was another cat in the house I don’t know if this was a male cat or female or even neutered and far as I’m aware she is a indoor cat, when we picked her up she was very underweight for a Maine coon and what they had been feeding her was not near enough of what she should have been eating daily for the breed, so I’m not sure if it’s the fact we have upped her food from what she was originally being fed that it has caused her to gain a bloated stomach but it has been introduced slowly and it’s only just be noticeable past two days she was very skinny you could feel her spine and see it and all a sudden she now has a big stomach and from online it says a lot about there nipples so does it look like normal cat nipples or possibly pregnant ? 1AB38DC4-9E55-47DB-BC78-0BF4C83E4DCD.jpeg

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, if she is would you consider doing a spay? In other words it might be good for her overall health to have a checkup, and see what the vet says if she is pregnant. Since she's that underweight, even if there's nothing else wrong a pregnancy will be very stressful on her body and the unborn kittens won't be getting all that they need from her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Solsticethemainecoon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi as we’ve only just got her I’m having to transfer her to our currents vets before I can take her as I have to go by appointment I can’t just take her to vets being it’s private vets. We was planning to get her spayed as she’s a GCCF Maine coon that is non active so I’m hoping she’s not and if she was I would have to spay to end the pregnancy as she’s a non active Maine coon that’s going to be a show cat so she’s unable to actually be breed so our plan was to spy her at a later date as we have no other cats and she’s a indoor cat so she had no other reason to be done right away. I will be upset if turns out she is due to her being non active would have been very irresponsible of the previous owner . Also I know I’ve had litters from dogs so I know about the stress that can cause the pregnancy sadly would be ended due to her breed and her being non active. Her weight has been looking loads better since we’ve got her just not sure if the swollen belly is just down to her getting more food off us. She will be being soon asap soon as a vet appointment has been able to be arranged due to just getting her she isn’t registered at our vets