Is my cat pregnant?

Vicky1994

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat got out 2 weeks ago and she was on heat now I don’t know if she is pregnant or not as I think her nipples are pinking up I’m not sure is my cat pregnant and she is more hungry and she doesn’t like it when I touch her stomach. Thanks

Attachments

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats start pinking up three weeks after mating. Keep her inside for another week, and if she doesn't pink up, get her spayed if you can.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she’s not spayed and was outside, she’s very likely pregnant.

How old is your cat? Do you have plans to spay her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vicky1994

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is only 10 months old still a baby and yeah I will be getting her spayed but need to find out if she is pregnant or not first which I don’t know whether to take her the vet first to find out if she is pregnant can they find out this early on? X thanks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
An ultrasound can detect embryos fairly early. You may want to ask your vet about it. If you don’t want kittens, an early spay will take care of matters before things progress. Your description and picture indicate pregnancy.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you don't want the kittens, most vets will spay pregnant cats. Call your vet and make sure they'll do it. If you don't want to have her spayed if she's pregnant, I suggest you wait a week or two for her to start showing and if she isn't, you can safely get her spayed without worrying about kittens.