Is my cat pregnant?

Thiskidjanessa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! This is Izzy, I’ve recently rehomed her (May 12th). Her previous owners said they couldn’t take care of her anymore as they had too many cats. I’m now starting to think they gave me her because she’s pregnant. When I first got her she was slim, very slim. Now she’s like a walking egg. She’s exhibiting all the symptoms.. she’s become 10x more affectionate, fatter in the belly only, and her nipples are bigger than when I first got her. She hasn’t been outside and there are no other cats here to get her pregnant. I messaged her previous owners and asked and they said that the males cat that they did have were neutered and she was not allowed outside. I’m confused and concerned! Is she pregnant or is this something worse?

Attachments

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely a possibility! A trip to the bet for an ultrasound is the best bet. Thank you for adopting her!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks pregnant to me. Props to you for giving her a new home. No telling what would have happened to her.

You know what they say, "Give the gift that keeps on giving--give a pregnant cat."

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks pregnant to me — at least halfway there too. Thanks for taking her in. Prepare for kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thiskidjanessa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My pregnant cat Izzy has been breathing very rapidly and kittens have been kicking. I’m not sure how far along she is, sometime before May 12 when I rehomed her. She’s not restless, she seems normal, is just breathing really fast while she rests. Should I be worried or is this normal for a pregnant cat?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is she this morning? It could be labor. Are you seeing contractions down her sides?

Thiskidjanessa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! She’s the same this morning still breathing very fast. And yes, I’ve seen sudden, often flutters come from the sides of her stomach since yesterday. I thought it was just the kittens kicking, could it be peel about contractions? How long do you think she’ll be breathing this fast it’s really got me freaked out.

Thiskidjanessa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s just pushed out what seems to be a painful couple drops of blood and fluid. Was that her water breaking? How much longer before kitties come?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How are things going? How many kittens?

Give mom a dish of kitten formula to drink daily. It will help with her panting and her calcium needs while nursing.

Monikszaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ohh they are so adorable 🥰 congrats

I’m in the exact same situations I adopted my cat Mia on May 17th and her owner never mentioned anything about her being pregnant the only thing she said that she had kittens previous as she over 2 years old. I had strange feeling since my husband brought her home I suspected her being pregnant but I wasn’t sure so I was trying not to think about it and I couldn’t take her to wet at the time because moving houses was very stressful for her so I didn’t want to stress her even more. Now 6 weeks later I’m sure she is pregnant as I can clearly see and feel the kittens kicking. I’m watching her closely but so far I haven’t notice any signs of labor. I also think her previous owner saw her mating and didn’t want to deal with it so she just decided to sell her. She is Persian x Ragdoll we are not sure who the father is so we just have to wait and see what she delivers, she is quite large so we are not sure how many kittens she is expecting.