Is my cat pregnant?

Leoaica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So it's my first time experiencing this and I'm not exactly sure what pinking up means from all the Googling so can anyone tell me if this is it? I haven't noticed any changes to my furbaby apart from this.
IMG20210331200243.jpg
IMG20210331200317.jpg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently plucked a cat off the street thinking initially it was a boy. Then its stomach begins to increase just a bit in size which again I thought were worms. Then after some time I noticed that the nipples are the same as you have posted here, yet I was still in denial mode. LOL.

Now she is a momma of 4 healthy kittens. So yeah, I think your cat is also pregnant. Try not to touch or hold your cats belly as this could affect the unborn kitties.

If you want, you can bring your cat for a vet check. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How old is your cat? Has she been allowed around intact males? If so, she is likely pregnant and should be fed kitten food in the meantime.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, she looks pregnant. About 3 weeks along.
If so, she is likely pregnant and should be fed kitten food in the meantime.
Yes, she should. I like Hill's Science diet for kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leoaica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is about 2 years old and yes, she was exposed to an intact male during her last heat, I believe. I didn't see any other changes to her so I didn't think she was pregnant. I'll make sure to change her food. Thank you all!!

Leoaica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, I have another question. Is it normal for her to poo and pee somewhere else other than the litter box? She keeps doing it in the kitchen even when the litter box is clean.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She may not like her litterbox or where it is. Or it could be a UTI. How's her food and water intake? Does she have pain while urinating? Does her urine and feces look normal?

Leoaica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has been using the litter box and litter since 6 months ago. She's only started this behaviour about the past 2 weeks. Her urine and faeces look normal, no blood whatsoever. Food and water intake are also okay. She's been eating a little more often now though.

Leoaica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I should also maybe point out that she still uses the litter box. She will only do her business outside the litteebox when everyone's asleep or no one is at home.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She has been using the litter box and litter since 6 months ago. She's only started this behaviour about the past 2 weeks. Her urine and faeces look normal, no blood whatsoever. Food and water intake are also okay. She's been eating a little more often now though.
Hm. She's probably eating more because she's pregnant.
I should also maybe point out that she still uses the litter box. She will only do her business outside the litteebox when everyone's asleep or no one is at home.
Huh. Has something changed at all in your home or her diet?

Leoaica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nothing that I'm aware of. She's been eating the food for 2 months and things at home are the same. That's what I find strange. She just decided to pee in the kitchen one day and kept doing it despite my efforts to clean the area with everything I can use. At first I thought it's because the box was dirty or full, but I cleaned it but she still did it. When I check the box, there was nothing but clean litter.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You should get her urine tested to make sure she does not have a urinary tract infection (UTI). If it’s clear, then something else is bothering her. When cats go outside the box they are definitely trying to tell us something.

Leoaica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Noted. I'll do that then. Thank you all!