IS MY CAT PREGNANT?

mmilikecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys!
my soon to be 10 month old cat has been going outside (by sprinting outside every time i slightly open the door). lately, i’ve noticed her nipples feel inflamed or bigger since when i carry her i put my hand in her belly, she does seem a little fat and has been sleeping a lot. i saw her throw up once! all signs of pregnancy, right? the thing is i saw her get in heat 3 days ago (THE FIRST TIME ALSO I SHOULD ADD). this makes me unsure about the possibility of her being pregnant. she has pretty long fur in her belly, but one time i saw her sleeping and some of nipples were sticking out just a bit. i looked at them and some of them look bigger than others(some super tiny, others big) i can’t get her to the vet, since we’re getting into our second lockdown and vets are making me wait 3/4 weeks. i’m going to add some pictures of her nipples and her. thanks! :) 628C0FE5-04CF-4D01-B579-112A33A3A25C.jpeg

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If an unspayed cat over 4 or 5 months old has been outside, yes, it's pretty much guaranteed that she's pregnant. Although if you saw signs of heat 3 days ago, maybe she wasn't at that time. If she's been out since then, she sure is pregnant now.

Are you willing and able to raise kittens?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cats come into heat at around 6 months, some at even 4. She may already be pregnant and the hormones she is producing may give her some signs that mimic like she is in heat. She also may have been bred very quickly a week ago and is still producing some hormones that make her appear to be in heat. My bet is if she had access to the outside and is over 5 months old, she is pregnant. Try to keep her inside now and wait a month, then you will know for sure. It's just a waiting game now.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All you can do is keep her inside. You will have to decide on if you want her to have kittens (if you can afford it and have time to care for kittens as well find forever homes). If you cant there's no shame, kittens are expensive and there's not enough homes for them all. If you dont want kittens i'd book her in to get spayed asap. If you are fine with kittens but only if she is pregnant I would still book an appointment for an xray to be done.

Here's some tips on door bolting (its important she stays inside)