Is my cat pregnant ?

Kitty kat 1996

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello so my cat is about 18 months old and we just got a boy kitten on accident( we were told he was a girl and didn’t find out he was a boy till my children were attached 3 weeks later when we too him to the vet ) a couple of months ago. Well we haven’t had him neutered because our vet said he had to be atleast 6 months well he is 7 months now. Well my female cat who was always slender seems to be getting rounder and sleeping more. I don’t really know if her nipples have changed or not but I did notice it has been about a month or so since her last heat cycle

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she probably is. Males can be fertile as young as 4 months, but more often 7-8 months, so he's just the right age to be figuring things out. Her nipples don't look like they've changed much so she probably isn't very far along.

If you don't want/can't raise kittens the vet can do a spay/abort at this point, and if you are able and willing to raise the kittens, do have the male neutered ASAP, because he'll be able to get her pregnant again very soon after she gives birth, and you probably don't want 2 litters! And males can remain fertile for a few weeks after neutering due to sneaky sperm hiding in the tubes, so you want to do it well before she gives birth.