Is My Cat Pregnant?

Nalathequeen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is an inside cat but one day she ran out when I opened the door so I could let my dog out. It took us a couple days to finally catch her and it’s been 3 weeks since then. Yesterday I noticed her nipples were very noticeable and I got concerned and started to question if she could be pregnant. Then again I never payed attention to her nipples because there wasn’t a need to check. Other then her nipples she has no other symptoms. She is a cat who loves to be pet and loves to cuddle up so I can’t count that as a symptom either. So I really need help in your opinion is she pregnant?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
If she hasn’t been spayed, and she was outside where she could have had contact with intact males, she is most likely pregnant. Cats are very prolific breeders. You can start to notice “pinking up” 2-3 weeks into pregnancy, which is right on your timeline. This article has more information: How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also have her spayed now if you would prefer to end the pregnancy. It would not be different than a normal spay procedure if she’s not far along. How old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nalathequeen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is 4 months from turning one

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s very young, still a kitten herself. I would strongly consider the spay.