Is My Cat Pregnant?

Moreira93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 11 months old and I'm winwonder if she's pregnant. I'm making an appt with the vet tomorrow but I am so impatient so looking for some insight!
A few weeks ago she had thrown up which she NEVER does so I googled it and saw that cats can get morning sickness. She only did it once and she is on a new food, and had been for a couple weeks. Anyways now I noticed she's looking a little bigger not much eating ALOT crazy for affection and her nipples do look big and the hair around them seems to be coming off a bit. I'm going to attach pictures. I know a vet is the best and I will be taking her as soon as I can get in just want to know what everyone thinks! Thanks

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. If she hasn't been spayed, and has been around intact males, or been outside, then she probably is pregnant. A vet checkup is good, to confirm. Meanwhile, here's a TCS article that might be helpful:

How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes if she is not spayed the chances are she is pregnant. The only other thing is getting fatter from the new food. That would cause throwing up too. make sure you get her spayed as soon as you can after any kittens are born, i have had many feral females get pregnant three times in one year, and finding homes for all of them is not easy, especially when there are already so many unwanted kittens. If she is pregnant KEEP HER INSIDE, away from all males until you have her spayed, she would be much happier than having all those heat cycles every year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moreira93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I just got her some kitten food (she was on an all life stages) I have been keeping her inside until we can see a vet and yes she will be getting spayed asap! I just can't tell if her nipples are any different or pinking up cau I never really looked at them before!