Is my cat pregnant?

melodie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi

I know i have already posted a post asking if my cat is pregnant but she was not because she went into heat for a couple of days
  There is a ginger and white tabby Tom showing up at my house everyday i always used to feed him in the past but he vanished for a few weeks, he came back and he is acting like he is in heat- every time I go outside he guides me to my female cat which is at the window and also crying at my door a lot ! Even sleeping on my doorstep through the afternoon and when i wake up he will still be there on the doorstep. This morning my Friends came back from vacation and they left my door open to go get their bags and suitcases, I was in bed half-asleep and I could hear these weird loud crying sounds of my cat  and the ginger and white Tom outside, I went to the doorstep and my cat ran inside when she heard me coming so I dont know what happend out there but I could see the Tom outside crying afterwards, could they have mated? He knows my cat  because he was the father of her first litter, she is acting quite weird, she is not in heat anymore and she is sleeping a lot.

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's very possible. However, it's still very early and you should consider getting her spayed. It also might be a good idea to get the Tom fixed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melodie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not sure because he is a stray cat and he does not like it when i touch him, he just bites me and claws my leg, he seems that he needs medical attention because his jaws are damaged and his fang is hanging out of his mouth, this cat gets into a lot of fights over my cat and he has scars all over him I might insist in calling RSPCA.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would definitely call RSPCA if you can.  He does sound like he needs help.  Maybe you could get a humane trap and bring him in?

And you need to be very careful about being bitten by him.  Cat bites are no joke.  Clean everything extremely well.  Is your cat up to date on vaccines?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melodie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks for the reply-

no , she has never been to the vet for anything but I have booked an appointment  to get her spayed on Wednesday.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's a great decision.  You should get her vaccinated and tested in addition.  As mentioned, diseases can be spread through mating.

Last edited: