Is my cat pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys sorry to disapoint you but
.............. ....................they saidYES!!
..haha.But she could only stay in my room.Because like i said before, my mom is allegic and we have parakeets.And cat hair is deadly to parakeets.So i have to keep her in my room. I've already introduced the litterbox, but she hasnt needed to use the restroom yet.so wish the best of luck to me.I hope she doesnt get depressed in there.But of course i will be in there most of the time.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Guys sorry to disapoint you but.............. the said.....YES!!
That is *GREAT*!!!!

I'm so happy for you and Blacka that things worked out with your parents!!!
She'll be safer, her babies will be safer, and you'll have peace of mind.

I keep my pregnant girl in our bedroom most of the time and she's not depressed at all. If anything, she prefers to stay in there.

Good luck!!!! I hope everything continues to go well!

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea but i feel kinda bad because when i came to the living room to post this she kept on meowing.and to top it all of her meows sound so weak,because i think she is deaf.She opens her mouth and like a second later the sound comes out and it is so weak , and she doesnt know how to purr very good either.I dont think she is completely deaf,becase she could hear me if i'm a couple feet away.I think she is just deaf from one ear tho.Idk if that is possible,cuz i have noticed she hears me pretty well when she is awake but once she is asleep, i have to go and touch her so she can wake up.Maybe she is just a heavy sleeper.

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh yea ,i dont know if i asked y'all( im from texas,lol) umm when do momma cats start getting milk in their teets.?Oh and on what week of pregnancy are you able to feel the kittens kick.cuz i feel them and its so coool.haha.

brittany_nicole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She should start producing milk within a few days before she gives birth to the kittens.

Also, that is great that your mom is letting you bring her in. Make sure you keep an eye on her.

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's probably a little freaked out because she hasn't been inside for so long. I assure you that she is not a feral (wild) cat and that she probably lived in a house before so she should be good on the litter box. She will learn to cope with being in your room. This is one of those things where you have to do what's best for her but because she doesn't understand that, she might get a little upset. She WILL adjust.

Make sure she has a nice dark place to hide. A nesting box would work well for that. You can use an old rubbermaid container and put some blankets in it, cut a hole big enough for her to get out and then drape a blanket over it. If she's inside the box, try not to disturb her, that way she'll know it's safe.

I'm so glad your parent's let you take her in.

Keep up the awesome work!

Devlyn

Originally Posted by richi

Yea but i feel kinda bad because when i came to the living room to post this she kept on meowing.and to top it all of her meows sound so weak,because i think she is deaf.She opens her mouth and like a second later the sound comes out and it is so weak , and she doesnt know how to purr very good either.I dont think she is completely deaf,becase she could hear me if i'm a couple feet away.I think she is just deaf from one ear tho.Idk if that is possible,cuz i have noticed she hears me pretty well when she is awake but once she is asleep, i have to go and touch her so she can wake up.Maybe she is just a heavy sleeper.

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys we are Close!! I think she will be due today or tommorrow.She now has milk in her teets, not a whole lot but its a start.this morining she didnt eat any just a few little bites of canned food.I'm so excited /scared :s

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you and the mommy cat!!!!

I've been waiting for you to update to see if anything has happened.

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope nothing has happened, yet.You can see the babies kicking now and she is still not eating very much i'm getting a little worried. She has only ate like about 2/3 of what she would have ate in one day ,in the past 2 days.dont know if that is confusing.! All she does is lay around in her one spot all day long.well not all day but most of it.she just gets up to use the restroom and eat.She dont even walk around the room or anything.I'll post pictures of her to see if you guys think she looks any different.

alwaysaangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by richi

And cat hair is deadly to parakeets.
I know she'll still have to stay in your room because your mom is allergic - but just to alleviate any fears about the cat killing your parakeets - this isn't true.

My family has had (and even breed) parakeets for decades and never ever heard this or had a problem with our cats being in the same room as our parakeets (one of our old ones road around on our cats back).

So you don't have to stress about the kitty killing the birds.