Is my cat pregnant? It’s been 9 weeka

Kaiikaii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a one year old cat that mates two months ago while in heat. I believe she’s pregnant because she showed obvious signs such as not going into heat, increase in appetite like major increase and her nipples enlarged and were pinking up. She didn’t have morning sickness and hasn’t been nesting but she’ll go into the couch storage once or twice and into my wardrobe.She also doesn’t allow my male cat to play fight with her like before.Her belly isn’t massive swollen but she did gain a bit of weight .I’ve attached some pictures for your predictions.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She certainly looks pregnant! If she mated 2 months ago she will likely give birth in the next week or two depending on exactly when she conceived.

Is your male cat the father? Do you plan to get him neutered? Do keep him away from her once she goes into labor and especially once the kittens arrive.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If your cats are good friends, he will prob not be a danger to the kittens... Although his play with them may be clumsy! Unknown new toms may be a real danger for kittens, this is no myth.
But if she doesnt wish him to be near, do separate them... You dont want momma to be stressed.

Also, cats arent protected by nursing, so if he is intact there is a danger she can get preg already a few days after delivery...

she is a tortie point... You know, if the father isnt a point too, kittens prob wont be points... Perhaps just one, but not all. But if daddy is a point too, all will be points.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaiikaii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She certainly looks pregnant! If she mated 2 months ago she will likely give birth in the next week or two depending on exactly when she conceived.

Is your male cat the father? Do you plan to get him neutered? Do keep him away from her once she goes into labor and especially once the kittens arrive.
She mated July 22 and no my male cat is neutered he is not the father which worries me about how he’d react to her kittens.I do plan to separate them when she’s in labour and they arrive .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaiikaii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If your cats are good friends, he will prob not be a danger to the kittens... Although his play with them may be clumsy! Unknown new toms may be a real danger for kittens, this is no myth.
But if she doesnt wish him to be near, do separate them... You dont want momma to be stressed.

Also, cats arent protected by nursing, so if he is intact there is a danger she can get preg already a few days after delivery...

she is a tortie point... You know, if the father isnt a point too, kittens prob wont be points... Perhaps just one, but not all. But if daddy is a point too, all will be points.
He’s been with her since she was a kitten and enjoys her company. My male cat is neutered and is a friendly guy but I’m still going to keep a close eye and separate him from the kittens.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He’s been with her since she was a kitten and enjoys her company. My male cat is neutered and is a friendly guy but I’m still going to keep a close eye and separate him from the kittens.
There is some chance he will even coparent... But do superwise the first day... Cats whom arent accustomed to kittens dont know what it is, and may swipe to defend themselves.... OR being friendly, begin to play much too early...
So, be observant and cautious esp in the beginning, but if they are friends momma and he, the chances are good everything will be OK and perhaps even splendid....

But if at least unsure; keep them separated, yes.

teacupp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the kittens.

Keep her away from other male cats as well as they cant be quite unpredictable and they don’t particularly like kittens. This doesn’t go for all cats but my cat lost four kittens due to a male cat and it might be better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: