is my cat pregnant??? help

jax06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so she is a stray, we rescued her like, 2 weeks ago, and i suspect she might be pregnant, her belly is big, and her nipples look kind of swollen, help. is my cat perhaps pregnant?

i forgot to mention, i can feel these weird movements and "kicking" when i carefully put my hand on her belly

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site and thank you for helping this cat. From your description of her condition, I am going to unequivocally say that she is pregnant.

In general, if you can see kittens moving around, or feel them, she is probably about 2 weeks out from delivery. However, given that you have had her for two weeks, it could mean that she is going to give birth much sooner than two weeks from now.

You can get a lot of help here, so don't panic.
Kitten Lady
This website is extremely helpful with many aspects of this subject.

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth - TheCatSite
Cat Pregnancy: Your Essential Roadmap to Feline Motherhood - TheCatSite
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? - TheCatSite
Nutrition For The Mother Cat - TheCatSite
Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats - TheCatSite
Weighing Newborn Kittens (and How This Could Save Their Lives) - TheCatSite

Some of the information in the articles will repeat, but it might make you feel more confident if you have somethings in place for the birth.

The cat should not be allowed outside, if she still is. If she gives birth outside, it presents huge complications. Try to prepare a place for her in your house where she will be comfortable and feel safe.

Please keep us posted and remember that we can help.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You will get a count IF she suddenly seems less pregnant. This dropping happens usually about 2 days before delivery.