Is my cat just a solid cat?

mushroomturtle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have been trying to research my two cats to figure out their breeds. I found my younger one to be a Colorpoint Shorthaired and he is a considered a Cream Point. My other male is a rescue I found in my backyard right before Christmas. He is pure white with a grey mohawk type marking on the top of his head. He is short haired and his fur texture is generally soft. He isn't a very big cat and we don't think he is going to grow anymore. He is very loving and just enjoys being pet and sleeping by your side. He meows when we call him and such, but he doesn't talk as much as my Cream Point does. I was wondering if anyone could tell me is he is just considered a solid or if he may actually be part of a breed or even a mix breed?

Thanks.

That's his size, he is sitting in one of those weird round chairs that can be folded up for transportation.

This is his marking that gave him the name Chief. My Cream Point is on the right.

This is my Cream Point

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think they are color points at all... And color point is not a BREED, it's just a color.  Most cats fall into the Domestics or Moggies (mutt) category.  It's not like dogs where they look like a certain breed and are classified as such.  You have to have PROOF in the cat world. 

I think it's just an unusual tabby marking on the one?  As far as the "Cream point color point", I don't see any colorpoints?  They are usually on the paws and tail and ears and face.... Fairly prominent.  Maybe it's just the lighting?  However, keep a careful eye on them... White cats with blue eyes tend to be blind or deaf or both.  Not always.  But just keep an eye on them. 

They are beautiful!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mushroomturtle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. My Loki has the cream coloring in his face and ears as well as his tail and paws. The lighting was bad, but it's hard to capture a picture of him. We compared him to a photo of a color point with the same coloring and it looked just like him minus the blue eyes. So far he isn't blind and he responds to noises we make to him so I think his hearing is good as well. My Chief actually has amber colored eyes so I am not to worried about his sight or hearing. I figured he was just a solid with a bit of grey on him. Thank you and they are both very beautiful. 

starlyte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Funny you saying that about white cats often being deaf... I adopted a mother cat (she had her litter hidden in the wilds somewhere, I discovered later when she brought the home!) White and Torteshell  who is actually deaf. I thought at first she was ignoring us, as she just nipped in and out for a bite to eat. But now, after over 2 years with us, she is deaf. She seems quite adapted to sign language, and I clap which echoes or vibrates, to call her in for food.

She did disappear for 2 months, but as she was happily tattooed when I got her spayed, a vet rang me up fro the town, 20 iles away, and she'd been found. She'd been in a fight, and had a nasty bite on her leg, had lost weight and was filthy, but as soon as I picked her up she purred.

I guess I'll never know how she got to be a town stray, as cats don't wander that far, but as I'd given her up for lost, I was over joyed to get her back.

I think, as she was cuddly and liked every one, a by-passer must have taken a fancy to her and taken her to the town, not knowing how she hates being shut in!

Being deaf I do find it remarkable that she survived, even though she was the worse for wear, for 2 months alone in a town when she only knew the tiny village lost in the mountains where we live.

I don't know if the deafness is hereditary how ever or for other reasons, as she was at least a year old when I adopted her, or, more like, she adopted me :D

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
There is absolutely no foundation in the belief that white cats with blue eyes can be blind.  Deafness is the issue, and it sounds to me as though your boy has escaped that.

I do think that your two are 'moggies' (domestic short haired cats) but I can see why you feel there is more with the boy you describe as 'cream point'.  He has the teensiest look of something (Siamese?) about him, especially with those soft blue eyes.

They're both just gorgeous.