Is my cat in her early stages of pregnancy

Rin222

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted this stray cat who has not been spayed yet. Her nipples are a little swollen and flared out. This could be false pregnancy or maybe she’s in heat (however she has not clear signs of being in heat other than lower appetite). She did isolate for a majority of two days but that could also be her getting used to our home. Going to take her to the vet next week but need second opinions/thoughts. It’s a tad more pink in real life.
39EF949C-9637-45EE-BFA9-C06D18DF965C.jpeg
4A467404-05B4-4BAF-A49A-B3DCBBFA29A9.jpeg
01A58EDD-5D8D-45EC-91D7-B3C8A73EEE30.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the fur gone around them it looks like she has nursed kittens. Please get her spayed as soon as possible, they are not fun while they are in heat. they meow and yowl almost constantly. They can take weeks to get used to a new home, routine is the key, cats thrive on it. As long as she is eating/drinking/using the litter box, everything should be fine. the vet should be able to tell is she is pregnant now, is her middle bigger? Cats can be almost constantly pregnant, i had one little female who had 17 kittens in one summer before I caught her. Bless you for saving a life! She is the same colors as my three, orange and white. An orange female is rarer, they are almost always male.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How long have you had her? Since she was stray, she is very likely pregnant now. Any clue how old she is?

Rin222 Rin222

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rin222

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No clue but I know she appeared in our house in august, she was very skinny then but similar in size to now. There was this male cat that was following her and meowing but everytime the male cat came close she started growling and hissing

Not noticeably larger, since she was a stray she was very skinny and she has put on some weight all around from eating food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rin222

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No clue but I know she appeared in our house in august, she was very skinny then but similar in size to now. There was this male cat that was following her and meowing but everytime the male cat came close she started growling and hissing
How long have you had her? Since she was stray. she is very likely pregnant now. Any clue how old she is?

Rin222 Rin222
When she
With the fur gone around them it looks like she has nursed kittens. Please get her spayed as soon as possible, they are not fun while they are in heat. they meow and yowl almost constantly. They can take weeks to get used to a new home, routine is the key, cats thrive on it. As long as she is eating/drinking/using the litter box, everything should be fine. the vet should be able to tell is she is pregnant now, is her middle bigger? Cats can be almost constantly pregnant, i had one little female who had 17 kittens in one summer before I caught her. Bless you for saving a life! She is the same colors as my three, orange and white. An orange female is rarer, they are almost always male.
Also, appeared in august and disappeared for a couple months, came back in October