Is my cat healing?

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, Nero 11 months, got abscess because of tree thorns. The abscess brusted on its own three days ago, and I cleaned it as much as possible.
The abscess left a wound which the Internet said its normal. I just want to make sure that the wound is really healing, can anyone confirm it?
The yellow thing is the medicine color.

Ps: I have a bad experience with local vets, so unless it's necessary, I don't want to take him to the vet (the only veterinary I am dealing with right now is a 5 stars super expensive clinic)
IMG_20230217_231835.png

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you don't want to hear this, but it's impossible to tell anything from a photo. It's something a vet really needs to assess in person, hands on. I'd suggest going to another vet. I personally would not treat something like this myself. Maybe others will have a different opinion.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks as if its healing, I cant see any weeping but as said above, if you can find another vet just to check it over to be sure. If you are on good turns with your expensive vet then maybe you could send him the photos to look at. Please check it for swelling, pus or redness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My one year old cat has hurt his back and it's been treated.
Before applying medicine, he was fine, abit in pain but still eating. But after treatment he became depressed and won't eat. I thought he was just frightened, but he vomited white faom just now.
Is it because of the medicine or is he sick?
How can I get him to eat? I tried his favorite food and treats but he kind of hates me now.
Any advices?

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Believe me, your cat doesn’t hate you. A Cat in pain is more defensive, fearful and needs to isolate. What pain/anti inflammatory meds is he getting, did he foam at the mouth after having them? Certain pain killers cause nausea which would effect his eating.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
samira samira we put your two threads in one.. that way we get a good idea of what is going on.
It sounds to me as though Nero really does need to see the vet. I understand why you don't want to see one of them, after your very sad experience, but I think you may have to spend the money and see the good vet. Was it the good vet that gave you the medication this time?

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Believe me, your cat doesn’t hate you. A Cat in pain is more defensive, fearful and needs to isolate. What pain/anti inflammatory meds is he getting, did he foam at the mouth after having them? Certain pain killers cause nausea which would effect his eating.
He is taking a spray type of anti inflammation, the bottle says its natural herbs and treats all kind of skin injury (the vet recommended it) what concerns me is that sometimes he would lick the wound along with the medicen, wouldn't that make him more sick?

He is indeed kind of nauseous, I made him chicken brooth at first he looked intrested but after sniffing for a while he retched and left.

The faom was liquidy, I think its water with bubbles.

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
samira samira we put your two threads in one.. that way we get a good idea of what is going on.
It sounds to me as though Nero really does need to see the vet. I understand why you don't want to see one of them, after your very sad experience, but I think you may have to spend the money and see the good vet. Was it the good vet that gave you the medication this time?
Yes I have contacted the vet on the injury, he recommended me some liquid to clean the wound and an anti inflammation spray. He said its not a deep wound and it should heal within 2 weeks.
But Nero just won't eat. He smells the food then leave in disgust. Should I try dropping it on his hand so he has to lick it?

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m pretty sure the spray is non toxic, it could mess with his sense of taste though or make him feel nauseous.

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took him to the vet. They said he has internal infection and gave me some antibiotics to give with his food....
He is not eating! how am I supposed to make take the medicine if he hate anyone trying to touch him. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Do these vets even listen to what I say??

samira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: I took him to a big vet in the capital (cause these vets know nothing) and they run some tests. He was diagnosed with some virus and liver damage 💔
Well, I let them keep him for treatment, it took a nearly a month before they discharged him.
I visited him once a week, he looked so tired at first, I almost gave up and was about to put him to sleep. But god had other plans, he fought so well and now is back to be my good devil boy ❤
20230108_145104.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully he will experience good health from now on. You did a great job caring for him.