Is my cat gonna have kittens soon?????

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everything that you are experiencing is typical of a kitten. It's what kittens do, they learn new things. He will crawl around, walk around, run around, he will start to play fight things, meow, get into things, play, etc in due time. 

Kitten is trying to explore the nest, he wants to learn about the world.

I suggest perhaps googling a week by week kitten progression chart so you are aware of what is typical of a kitten every week.

Unless the kitten is underweight or seemingly ill, I'm sure he is fine :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten 3 weeks and 2 days old should mom litter train her and will she start weaning her soon

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens begin to wean to wet food and kitten chow after age 4 weeks when they have teeth. They continue to nurse mom for a few more weeks, but begin to eat solids better at 5-6 weeks.

Once they are eating solids they will have solid poop. You can begin putting the kitten in a kitten-sized litter pan once it begins eating solids in a couple more weeks.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At 4 weeks ima feed her wet food

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can offer wet food at 4 weeks but the kitten may not want it yet.  Here's an article that explains the process.
[article="33380"]Weaning How To Get Your Kittens To Eat On Their Own  [/article]

Last edited:

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Should she hve teeth and mom cat (PRETTY kitty) will let her out and ply with me for 30 mins then she starts yelling

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She has cut her teeth early, but it's fine. Mom cat still needs her kitten with her most of the time for a few more weeks. Keep the play sessions short until kitten is older. It's still a baby!

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could she be longed hair picture above.

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She looks very much like a short haired kitty to me. She's so adorable looking! Love her colors.
A typical kitten is fluffy looking, but a long haired kitten would look more like this:
Give or take a little fluff haha

In order for her to be longhair, she'd have to have long haired parents, or at least 1 long haired parent, and a shorthair parent carrying the gene.
I don't think it's possible for two short haired cats to produce a long haired kitten, unless in a really rare case where both carried the recessive gene, and it somehow happened.
Do you know if dad is long hair? Then it could be possible, but the kitten doesn't look like a long hair to me.

Last edited:

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When will the kitten be able t ply around a lot mom lets me sometime but gets mad other times.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitten is a baby. It needs to primarily be with mom until it is 6-7 weeks old.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Baby has teeth will mom start weaning in couple days

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No! She will not. Baby will still nurse mom for quite a few more weeks, even as he learns to eat solids. Do not rush things. As we said, baby will still be with mom for quite a few weeks yet. Baby will learn to eat some of mom's food when he is ready. Could take a couple more weeks.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten running out of the nest area to play with me mom yelling at her what should I do ply with her or give to mommy

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is the nest area?  

Kitten and mom should primarily be in one room.  Any play time with kitten should be in that room in front of mom.  Mom can and should be included.

That room should have litter box and food and water for mom.  Mom should not be allowed around any male cats.

jeremy williams

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ply with her near nest area nest is in closet in my room.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just let things develop naturally. Mom cat will let you know when she is ready to let her kitten play more away from her. Do not push it!

When did you move the nest from your sister's room?

Last edited: