Is my cat going into labor?

phiandmao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's a great photo!

Yes, mine is a first time mom and I do feel she's confused, like she is occupied by aliens! It's nice and quiet, all we can do is wait together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missaddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know how you fell, I`m starting to think she miscarriage.

missaddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I used to feel them moving a lot (yesterday morning) but today I can`t feel them at all.

phiandmao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe that I read somewhere that they may not move as much when they move down. We can definitely drive ourselves crazy with speculation. Why don't you call your vet in the morning?

phiandmao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also have traditional Siamese. I'm in Massachusetts, need to change my profile.

missaddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nothing, she got skinnier. I think. Maybe it`s the kittens moving into the birth canal. But, other than that, nothing.

missaddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@AbbysMom And I have all domestic short-haired cats. I`m thinking about getting a Siamese though. And a male to go with her.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
@AbbysMom And I have all domestic short-haired cats. I`m thinking about getting a Siamese though. And a male to go with her.
I'm a bit concerned about this to tell you the truth. This site is quite pro spay and neuter for domestic cats for quite a few reasons including their health. Since your cats are not part of a registered, ethical breeding program, I really hope that you will give some thought to spaying your cat. Not breeding ethically makes you into a backyard breeder, harsh as it may sound. I hope you will take some time to read the following articles that I have linked below. Some of them describe the steps it takes to become an ethical registered reputable licensed breeder. Others discuss the enormous benefits of spaying your cat.

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/about-breeding-cats

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/so-you-think-you-want-to-become-a-breeder

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-much-does-it-cost-to-breed-cats

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/spay-and-neuter-your-cats

Having said that, our main focus here is on the cats and we hope for a successful birth for your girl and will do everything possible to help.

phiandmao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's difficult to get started as a breeder, but everyone has to start somewhere. Any news on your new arrivals?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's difficult to get started as a breeder, but everyone has to start somewhere.
Yes, everyone has to start somewhere. However, starting on your own as a Back Yard Breeder using random pets is not the way to go. You need to choose a specific, recognized breed, and work with a mentor before starting your breeding program.

A mentor will be more useful than coming to an online forum for information about pregnant cat and kitten care. While we can tell you our experiences with our own cats, we cannot give you medical advice in the forums.

Please read the articles that AbbysMom linked above. Those will give you better options. Something that is not mentioned in the articles but occurs in real life is that once you have a reputation as a BYB it will be much more difficult to find someone willing to mentor you or to sell you a breeding cat to start your own cattery.

I really hope that all of the cats mentioned in this thread have safe deliveries with healthy kittens. And I strongly urge you to get your cats spayed as soon as you can after the kittens are weaned.

phiandmao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two pedigreed and a TICA registration in process. I have a mentor, but it's always nice to get other points of view.. Thank you!