Is My Cat Going Into Labor/giving Birth Now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you get puppy pee pads, or a shower curtain to put on your bed?
Try putting a pee pad in a box with no litter, maybe he'll like that.
Thats a good idea ill put some on my bed since he normally keeps it in one spot. Right ontop of my feet xD
He uses the litter box when hes awake but when hes asleep on my feet at night he pees on me lol im at the point i might buy him kitten diapers or something for night lmao

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's not too unusual at 8 weeks but we're getting into alarming territory at this age. Is there dry food available all the time? How do you feed the other cats? Have you tried feeding her from your hand? How much does she weigh now?

(Side note: both kittens are girls so you have to think about spaying them soon before they get pregnant. Kittens can go into heat as young as 4 months, and obviously that isn't very healthy.)

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is dry food available all the time i have 3 bowls around the room and they eat whenever they want ive also tried feeding him from my hand but he just wont eat ive even opened his mouth and put it in there for him and he just freaks out and spits it out
Yeah but its so expensive to get them fixed i really cant afford it even though i want to
Also peaches is a boy hes the one who wont eat and zemi is the girl :) i have no clue how much he weighs

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave you a list of options earlier in the thread for low cost spay and neuter. You have great options in your area. Did you look into them? Spaying and neutering is FAR cheaper than raising litters.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Youre right but its still $40 a kitten + both parents and thats $160 that i just dont have i dont even have $10 at the moment Im seriously broke
Thankfully it seems toby isnt interested in aria anymore so i doubt we will get any more kittens

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You unfortunately can't trust that he isn't interested. Keep them separated, and try to save even $5 a week. I know it's hard, but it's urgent for their health.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So which cat should I have fixed first? Toby or aria?

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also when should i really start to worry about the kitten whos not eating? What are signs i should look for if i need to take him to the vet?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shower curtain or tarp is cheaper than puppy pee pads and cleans up with paper towels Wipe the spot down with an enzyme (someone else - what's the name of the stuff, Nature's miracle? or white vinegar.) This works until his claws poke through it.

That he does it in his sleep means he's sleeping heavy which means he feels safe.

When you gave him the kmr did you warm it to body temperature? Put a small amount in a cup and set the cup in a bowl of hot water. Test the kmr on your wrist, it's the right temp when you can't feel it. If your wrist is tough for some reason pick a more sensitive stretch of skin. You want it about the temperature of the cat, that's what he's used to.

Mix the kmr with the kitten pate, same temperature. Let him watch his sister eating it. Help him step into the plate and let him snuff the food. With luck once he's got it all over himself he'll eat some.

If you've already done this, I apologize. Honestly, this isn't a problem I've had. The kittens I've know are more like your little one's sister and tried to take the bowls away from the big cats.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also peaches is a boy hes the one who wont eat and zemi is the girl
That would be very unusual as the light-colored kitten in the picture is a torbie. Almost all torties/torbies/calicos are girls. Can you post a pic of the kitty's backside?
So which cat should I have fixed first? Toby or aria?
The female. She can get pregnant and he can't ;). And, yeah, even if he doesn't seem very interested, he WILL respond when she goes into heat again. Biology and so on. Most cats go into heat in January so try to hurry.

Try some chicken baby food (Gerber brand is best) and see if the kitten will lick it off your finger. I see in the other thread that Peaches is half the size of Zemi so it's getting pretty critical at this point.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Peaches is a boy i promise you lol i checked again and Im positive :)
Im going to try the baby food option tomorrow for him

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if that has something to do with his size and lack of development. Any male that has both red and dark colors must have 2 X chromosomes (well, there are some other, more rare reasons but that's the most common). In humans that's called Kleinfelter Syndrome and can cause developmental problems.

Anyway, if you can't get him eating within a week or so, I think a vet visit is necessary.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ill take hin to a vet in a week if hes still not eating
Does anyone know of a good low cost vet in amarillo, TX?

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got a different brand of kmr today and he loves it he will actually drink it. I think he was starving because hes already had 2 bottles and he wants more so how much can i safely give him?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'll say on the container. I'd say to let him have as much as he wants, but if he's been starving he might overdo it and make himself throw up.

The directions for PetAg KMR say 2 tablespoons per 4 oz of body weight. A 3-month-old kitten should weigh 3 pounds. So that would be 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces, 375 ml) per day! Divide it into at least 4 meals a day, if possible. That's a lot of KMR, so keep trying to get him on solids.

Try to offer it in a dish before giving him a bottle. Learning to lap liquids is a step toward eating solids.

Maybe once he's feeling stronger from getting enough KMR he'll go for the solids.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much
I tried to give it to him in a bowl but he wouldnt touch it even though he drinks water with no problems
Hopefully youre right about him moving onto solid foods i bought extra kitten food today and im going to try to get him to eat some every day until he does