Is my cat a traditional/ doll face persian??

nouran

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's a pic of my 2 months kitten

Not sure what breed she belongs to

Maybe shes mixed?

She's very sweet, low vocal kitten..she does get playful and sometimes plays a little rough but not too often..she sleeps a lot.

long hair on tail

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was she purchased from a breeder with pedigree papers? - in which case you'd know without a doubt the breed and wouldn't be asking

if not  she's a domestic long hair, of no breed.  Too young to be away from her mother, poor little girl

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with MissyMotus.

That said, you can probably call her for somewhat a look alike an old type persian, if you want. 

So you have some way to compare her to, or to describe her in a few words.

Good luck!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eight weeks old. Poor baby. But she's a gorgeous little one. Her face is very, very pretty.

I don't suppose you'll know until she's older whether she might be Persian-ish. Maybe her adult coat will give you some clues.

As far as "official" breeds are concerned, she can't be called a Persian because you can't document her pedigree. But if she shows enough Persian-type features, it might be something relevant to mention to your vet, because Persians--specifically Persians from unscrupulous breeders, the sort whose cats might end up in the stray population--are at higher risk for some health problems. On the other hand, if she's not Persian, or is Persian mixed with some kind of moggy cat, she'll probably dodge any genetic issues she might've had if she had come directly from a kitten mill or unscrupulous backyard breeder.

Whatever the case, she seems to have landed on her feet despite having been separated from her mother so young. Take good care of her; she's adorable!

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my 2 cents... Please make sure that collar is the "break-a-way" type and to be honest you may want to consider removing it totally if it's just a fashion accessory. Does she go outside, or is she an inside only cat? If inside only why risk the choking hazard of a collar. A tiny tiny kitten can choke very easily.

Not judging, just suggesting. Beautiful little kitten!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My indoor cats wear collars. If someone were to leave the door open--say, the plumber or an absent-minded friend--a collar could mean the cat's safe return home. They are breakaway collars with tags that clip directly to the collar rather than dangling, so I think the risk from the collar is minimal, and serves to offset an even greater risk if my two ever get curious about the outside world and dart out the door before I have a chance to grab them.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just my 2 cents... Please make sure that collar is the "break-a-way" type and to be honest you may want to consider removing it totally if it's just a fashion accessory. Does she go outside, or is she an inside only cat? If inside only why risk the choking hazard of a collar. A tiny tiny kitten can choke very easily.
Not judging, just suggesting. Beautiful little kitten!
Agree, heard far too many tragic stories of injury or worse death, even from so called breakaway safety collars
Won't risk my cats lives that way. Get her microchipped as well

And if you've got plumbers or friends who may not be careful just pop her into a room during those times

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree, heard far too many tragic stories of injury or worse death, even from so called breakaway safety collars
Won't risk my cats lives that way. Get her microchipped as well
And if you've got plumbers or friends who may not be careful just pop her into a room during those times
I've already lost one cat that way, though, and I didn't even know the door was open to begin with... The risk of getting lost seems to be so much greater than the risk of injury from breakaway collars that I really prefer to take the one risk to mitigate the other. You just can't have perfect safety; there are always risks. You just have to choose the risks you judge to be the smallest.

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've already lost one cat that way, though, and I didn't even know the door was open to begin with... The risk of getting lost seems to be so much greater than the risk of injury from breakaway collars that I really prefer to take the one risk to mitigate the other. You just can't have perfect safety; there are always risks. You just have to choose the risks you judge to be the smallest.
Yes but you see "break a way" collars are not a good deterrent for pet loss b/c they break away. If you are that paranoid (and you have every right to be if you lost a cat b/c of someones carelesness), get them microchipped. Collars break off and get lost when a pet is out in the wild, but microchips are forever.

jimmy james420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
you didn't ask me but in regards to the breakaway collar thing, i only mention it cause my kitten was a pain about it...orginally i had got her a berakaway but the little devil found out how to snap it away lol and she kinda refused to wear it so i got her a regular loop and belt kinda collar...she's gotten more used to it, pretty soon ill try the break away again. & yes my kitten goes outside, and as soon as i chip her ill probably remove it anyways :) gets in the way for intense pet sessions ;) happy meowings from chicago.