Is my cat a Maine coon mix?

Millie005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, my cat's name is Draco. He's 3years old and I was wondering if he could be part Maine coon. I'm just curious and wanna see what people say about him. I didn't adopt him from anywhere particular and he looked like a normal black moggie when I first got him at 2 months old. He was very tiny and then suddenly started growing a bushy tail at 6ish months of age, he kinda looked like a squirrel back then😂 then the rest of his body grew and now hes like this! He has long black fur all over his body, has fur coming out from his interdigital areas, has white sharp claws, very long whiskers, a bushy tail, and he is quite large.
Just wanted to hear some opinions, we still love him regardless of what breed mix he may be ❤❤ he's very sweet and shy, wouldn't hurt a fly. He's scared when he hears a sudden movement and sound for some reason.. He is always patient with me when I need to cut his claws or anything, he's very healthy and an amazing cat 🥰🐈⬛

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
He reminds me a little of my Poppycat. I've always fondly thought he has some Turkish Angora in him, and his face looks so persian sometimes, but I understand cat dna/genes don't work that way :)

Back to the point, Draco is gorgeous!

I have to say, maine coons have those awesome ear tufts.

The Maine Coon Cat – TheCatSite Articles

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry but there's nothing about him that says Maine Coon. He's a very sleek domestic solid black long hair.

Ear tufts do not indicate anything - most long hair cats have them. It is lynx tips which is different (they grow strait up off the tip of the ears) that *might* lead someone to think a cat has some Maine Coon in it.