Is my cat a longhair?

baileyplusfour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued this sweet boy and have no idea what his parents looked like. Here is a picture of him at 8 weeks...

And here he is now (almost 3 1/2 months)...

I have 2 short hair cats.. One 2 years old and one 6 years old. This kittens ear hair is longer than theirs even when they were kittens and he has some fur between his toes. I know sometimes they look like they will be long hair and then grow up to be short hair and vice versa but what is y'all's opinion?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baileyplusfour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm assuming he is just a domestic too. Since I didn't know what breed his parents were I really have no idea.

johang

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have the same issue, so I'm sorry I can't answer your question. I'm really excited to see how my kitten will grow up. I adopted two brothers about a month ago, they are now 3-4 months old and one is definitely short hair, but the other has longer hair, especially his ears and feet. I'm hoping he'll be a shabby mix cause I think those are just the cutest! Your kitty looks like that might be the case. Not sure if this is true, but I've heard longer haired cats shed less, so that is something to look forward to if its accurate. 

fluffymoose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a medium hair to me. That's what my torbie is. Also, it might just be because I've been researching them so much because of Moose, but that face screams Norwegian Forest Cat to me. 

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd say Medium length as well. My cat was labelled as Long hair when we adopted her, but she's definitely not a long haired. She's got "tuffs" of long fur, and her tail is long haired, but that's it. 

Your little boy is adorable!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I too think medium hair (or semilonghair as they say in some associations).  Ie  he is  genetically a longhair.

Also, Im in a way glad he is far away, because if he were near I would prob eat him up,  as he is, no sauce nor even salt necessary.

Because he is that sweet.     :)

Good luck, in your far away country!