Is My Buddy a Sokoke?

gypsylea40

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi 👋My cat , Buddy is such a unique and very special cat. He is like a cat dog ..lol. He uses the toiletand likes to go in the shower with me..None of these things did I teach him..Iv had him for almost a year..I was in NC staying at a hotel and one night I saw eyes looking at me through the bushes right across the parking lot and in the bushes..The next mourning I noticed my bonzi tree I had outside on my table stand outside my front door , knocked down ..A little later in the day it started to down pour ...I kept hearing a meow and scratching and I opened my door .. and there He was ..just looking at me like he was so hungry and tired ..I had some cans of tuna and I fed him about 3 of them he was hungry and he jumped up the bed and just fell asleep at the corner on the end..Since then he's been by my side. NOW ...he is a alpha cat he doesn't get along with other cats but loves dogs. He loves to be outside any chance he gets and hunts small creatures.. Its really hard to get him to come back inside..So I don't let him out willingly..He also loves high places to climb on and rest..He talks to me too and drinks his water only from the faucet..I came across this show about Sokoke cats and I always thought he was a tabby..but Buddy has every feature as a sokoke ..He is neutered..So I know he isn't a ferrelle cat he probably got out from someone's care and ran away because he is a little hudini and that's a reasonable reason on how he was loose ...What do you guys think???

Attachments

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. He is probably a lost cat or was abandoned outdoors. By what you tell us, it's a good bet that he had a home, before.

Our youngest, Elliot, was rescued from outdoors. We feel pretty certain that he had a home, before, as well. Some of his behaviors are somewhat doglike, too. It is our guess that he ran away from home because his former owners mistreated him.

Our eldest, Casper, was also rescued and he has a few notable behaviors, too. He seems to be afraid of shoes. When you sit down to take off your shoes, he'll bolt and run away. He's been in our family long enough that the behavior has mostly gone away but, every once in a while, you can tell that he's "shoe shy."

Any cat that had a home and, for whatever reason, became homeless is likely to have a few odd behavior issues.

Suddenly being thrust out to the Great Outdoors, not knowing where your next meal is coming from, can have long lasting effects on a cat's behavior.