Is my baby an Albino cat?

Fluffy_LalaBoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Anyone here has a true albino cat?
Would like some opinions.
Read that a true Albino has pale blue-pinkish blue eyes and that Albino cats does not necessarily have all white fur, on the cool areas there might be tinges of the colour they could have been if they were not Albino.

My baby here is was born from parents that are both cross persian x British long hair. Mummy is bsh color (smoky grey) n daddy is cream ginger. Grandpa is bsh color and grandma is grey striped. Mummy gave birth to 3 batches of litters before i sent for spaying. All other litters has mommy's color. Some with a tinge of daddy's color. This baby here is the youngest and was born all white. As she grows, tinges of mommy's color appear on the cool areas giving her a pointed color.

I have always been intrigued with her weird coloured eyes since she was a baby. Its pinkish pale blue.

What is your opinion?
Could she be an Albino cat?

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pointed pattern is a form of albinism but not pure albino. Her eyes are normal for a pointed cat.

If her daddy is ginger she must be tortie point, although I don't see any red bits right off. Maybe a little on her tail but she's so floofy it's hard to tell.

Does she have the same father as the rest of the litters? If so, it's kind of odd that you didn't get a pointed kitten before, but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fluffy_LalaBoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The pointed pattern is a form of albinism but not pure albino. Her eyes are normal for a pointed cat.

If her daddy is ginger she must be tortie point, although I don't see any red bits right off. Maybe a little on her tail but she's so floofy it's hard to tell.

Does she have the same father as the rest of the litters? If so, it's kind of odd that you didn't get a pointed kitten before, but it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.
She does not has any red bits (daddy's color) at all. Yes she has the same father as the rest of the litters. I didn't get a pointed kitten before but there were a few torties- Mommy's color with a tinge of daddy's color.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All females with a dark mother and a red father have to be torties, genetically at least. She may have just a tiny bit of red or even no visible red, but she would be able to throw red male kittens.

. . .unless there's a possibility of another male being her father?

Both parents have to carry the pointed gene in order to pass it on, and usually if they both carry it, about 25% of the kittens will be pointed. But statistics are just statistics and so it's not impossible that they bucked the odds and just never had a pointed kitten before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fluffy_LalaBoy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All females with a dark mother and a red father have to be torties, genetically at least. She may have just a tiny bit of red or even no visible red, but she would be able to throw red male kittens.

. . .unless there's a possibility of another male being her father?

Both parents have to carry the pointed gene in order to pass it on, and usually if they both carry it, about 25% of the kittens will be pointed. But statistics are just statistics and so it's not impossible that they bucked the odds and just never had a pointed kitten before.
Thank you for sharing great information.
Now that i think of it all the tortie litters are females.

There is no possibility of another male being her father as there is only 1 male cat around when mommy was on heat. All my cats are 100% indoor cats.

Not sure if they have ancestors with pointed genes. They probably bucked the odds and had their 1st pointed kitten. ;)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does look like a tortie point to me, it is just hard to see because she is dilute, so her point color is light. Her front paws appear to be mottled blue and cream, and her tail appears mottled blue and cream. What do her paw pads look like?