Is my almost 4 months old kitten pregnant? Help

Shak1ba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is her nipple I don’t know if It’s normal or not i have a male cat and i wanted to have their kittens when she is older but it’s too soon and i’m scared for her health. I don’t this she experienced heat yet. She’s very small.
6C13ECA4-B8D7-48A7-8A73-F9FD088F6DAB.jpeg

jujubeesammie

jujubee and sammie <3
Kitten
Purraise
i would go to your local vet if i were you. i'm assuming your male isn't neutered. try googling "how to know if your under 1-year-old kitten is pregnant".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shak1ba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i would go to your local vet if i were you. i'm assuming your male isn't neutered. try googling "how to know if your under 1-year-old kitten is pregnant".
i’m taking her to vet tomorrow but wanted to know other peoples option on this because they might have gone through this.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It doesn't look like she's pregnant, but it's only a matter of time. The moment she goes on heat your male cat will mate with her which is incredibly traumatic for a cat that young. It's also considered too young to have kittens, even though it happens in the wild. When we look after cats we can prevent putting them through that. Registered breeders who know what they are doing will not breed until a cat she is 18 months old. That's how long you would need to keep the two apart, and it would not be easy!

This is a pro spay and neuter site and so we will always recomment spaying.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you are anxious and I hope she is not pregnant. Is she a rare breed or did you just want kittens? It will be hard to know if she is in heat and keep her and the male apart. Also, getting her spayed can prevent more than kittens. There is a condition that can occur in female cats that happened to one of my beloved kitties. I had been told that she was spayed but she was not. She developed a condition called Pyometra. She nearly died and it required two surgeries and a lot of care over a couple of months to save her life. There are other health conditions that can come to unspayed kitties too. I know we all love our cats and can imagine how precious the babies could be but I just wanted to let you know of the other risks involved in case you don’t know. If she is pregnant and you must get her spayed now, you may be saving her life either way.
She looks like she has beautiful floof fur. I would love to see pictures of the rest of her. Please do keep us updated. Hoping for the very best for her.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just looking around and see that you have a male that is staying away? Am I understanding that correctly? If so, he may be staying away because your female is in heat. A male can be scared off by other males that are hoping to mate with this female. If a male has fathered kittens, he may also scare off your male. If you get the female spayed, the male may feel safe to return. It sounds like he really needs to come home.