Is Mumma Cat Okay??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AlannaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also all of the babies still have about an inch of cord on them. Do I cut it off?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Leave the cords. They will dry up and fall off within a week.

You’ll need to close mom in a room with her kittens so she will stay with them for now. New moms are often stressed the first couple of days, and will seek comfort from their “person”.

Although she should settle down more soon, put her food, water, and litter box in the room with her, and make sure it is warm enough in the room as the kittens cannot regulate their own body temperature for the first three weeks.

Then be sure to visit her often, and spend time sitting with and petting mom for her comfort. You can let mom out of the room a couple of times each day for a few minutes. In a few short weeks the kittens and mom will both be leaving the room! :)

AlannaG AlannaG

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The 4 whitish Kittens are prob points. The dad is a point.

AlannaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Leave the cords. They will dry up and fall off within a week.

You’ll need to close mom in a room with her kittens so she will stay with them for now. New moms are often stressed the first couple of days, and will seek comfort from their “person”.

Although she should settle down more soon, put her food, water, and litter box in the room with her, and make sure it is warm enough in the room as the kittens cannot regulate their own body temperature for the first three weeks.

Then be sure to visit her often, and spend time sitting with and petting mom for her comfort. You can let mom out of the room a couple of times each day for a few minutes. In a few short weeks the kittens and mom will both be leaving the room! :)

AlannaG AlannaG
That seems to be exactly what she’s doing, she’s even brought a few to me and left them sitting on the bed with me as if she’s saying “your turn now” ahaha. I have been making sure she regularly feeds them and the babies are always warm. She has been spending a lot of time with her babies but she also has been spending time by herself, is this okay? I did have her in a room with the babies but she didn’t like it at all and I opened it up and she straight away started bring them back to my cupboard, which has been keeping mumma happy.

AlannaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The 4 whitish Kittens are prob points. The dad is a point.
We have no idea who dad is, we actually didn’t know she was pregnant until about 3 weeks ago. It really didn’t seem like there was 6 kittens in there lol! We have a lot of white rag dolls in my street so I am thinking dad might be one of them. Is there any way you can tell what kind of coat babies will have at such a young age?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some own time is ok esp as she has a coparent. :)