Is it wrong to want to live w/ur parents after 21?

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Right or wrong, I did live with my parents until I was like 26. Once I graduated from high school, I didn't go to the university but I went to the local community college where there were no dorms. People lived with the friends in an appartment around town or with their parents. I didn't move out until I met my husband.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I lived with my mom on and off till I was ummm mmm 24

I dont think she liked it though. She thought I should be on my own.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It definitely depends on the situation. I moved out to go to university, coming home during the summers to work and save money. When I graduated I got a job in a city about an hour from my parents. If I had stayed and continued to work in Toronto (where my parents are), I probably couldn't have afforded to rent a place on my own since the cost of housing is huge there. But here I have been able to afford to buy a house on my own and live quite comfortable. Several of my friends though that stayed to work in toronto had no choice but to live at home since the couldn't afford the rent downtown.

You have to weigh the pros and cons to make your decision. Sometimes it's easy...sometimes not.