Is it true that waiting to neuter/spay a cat defines them more as their gender type?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xXPunkKittenXx

Correction to post! We neutered hi m yesterday... he is soo much better!!! he is less frisky and stuff... i guess we just didn't have the time to do it before... but i am happy now!!! LOL and yes! Cats heads do get bigger!!! its soo funny!!! LOL
SO SO glad

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would think size is more in their genetic make-up than it is in how soon they're nuetered. I do think it effects their personalities, though, from my own experience with my boys, but I could be wrong. My Trixter wasn't nuetered until he was between 1 and 3, I don't remember exactly, he's 10 now, lol, but I know it was late. He is very dominant and "manly" lol. Smeagol, however, was fixed as soon as he was old enough, and he is definitely a pretty feminine boy. Both were born outside and were never handled until the day we brought them home, but Smeagols parents were more wild. Though he may just be that way naturally (more feminine) he was very much a wild kitten and getting him fixed definitely seemed to mellow him out. Trixters nuetering didn't effect his personality at all, though. He never sprayed inside, thank God, but he's a tough boy, and always has been. Smeagols more bitchy. lol

ETA: Glad the little boy got fixed!
lol