Is it time for a new companion?

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost my soul cat in Oct of last year. I still have my other cat and 2 dogs but I had my soul cat since 2006 I was 17 years old. She was my everything. Loosing her was and still is the worst pain I've ever felt. I made a post or 2 when i was going through that with her. I told myself I wouldn't adopt a cat because going to a shelter and having to choose is too hard for me. I said if a cat popped up in my porch that was the only way. My other cat who I've had for 2.5 years popped up on my porch in Dec of 2020 and we kept her. But now with not having Frankie my soul cat I feel like something is missing.

Saturday evening 2 stray kittens popped up outside. One small about 5 weeks and the other older about 4 months or more. It's been storming bad where I live every day so yesterday, Sunday I trapped them and made them a secluded home inside our bathroom in our great Pyrenees kennel. I bought them kitten food and toys and they've been doing well. My fiance and I planned on taking them to the shelter however I have 110% of my feelings involved with the older kitten because he is so sweet and loves to cuddle and sleep on my chest.

My fiance says once at the shelter the kitten will go with the kittens and the older boy will probably be by himself. He said I could keep him if I want but I'm having the worst time deciding. He'd have to be separated for a while because of our dogs a lab and great Pyrenees who is HUGE. Although they are use to my tabby girl. I fear of the stress this will put on them and myself working full time as well. I just don't know what to do. The thought of letting him go breaks me. 😪 But then I think maybe I was just meant to keep him safe for now until he can go to the shelter. Or am I meant to keep him? Did Frankie send me him? I don't know. I've connected with him, called him Baymax cause he's cute and cuddly and so sweet and loving. My fiance says we can make it work if i decide to keep him but what if we don't? What if he doesn't get along with the dogs or my cat. I know my dogs will love him but I don't know if he will love them.

And he needs to see a vet before any sort of interaction with my other cat and dogs. He says I should take another day before taking them to the shelter but the longer I wait the more I get attached. 😞 I wish I knew if he was meant to be mine or not. He's so affectionate. Climbs all the way to my chest and neck and cuddles and naps. I think leia my tabby girl can use a sibling but I just don't know what to do. How do I decide? He's currently purring and cuddling on my chest before I get ready for work lol Going to come in my lunch and check on them and feed them.

The pics below are of him and the tiny kitten which I haven't form a bond with, she still more skiddish so I think she'll have better luck being raised with kittens and being adopted.

Attachments

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stop over thinking it. You love the cat and the cat loves you. There will be challenges but over coming those challenges will only make the bond between the two of you stronger.

The kitten may be skittish, but she’ll come around and she and your boy have formed a bond. It’s obvious both cats need you.

poolcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about the loss of your soulmate. I know how painful that is. It sounds like the older boy will be a good fit for your family of peeps and pets. I'd go for it, if I were you.

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to thank you for taking care of these two cutie pies! The older cat has the sweetest little face and it looks like he might have extra toes?? And the baby is adorable! They look so much alike, they must be related!

Before you make any decisions, is there any chance they are microchipped? Did you check any social media sites like Facebook to see if lost kittens are reported? I hope not, since I think these kittens are truly meant to be with you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to thank you for taking care of these two cutie pies! The older cat has the sweetest little face and it looks like he might have extra toes?? And the baby is adorable! They look so much alike, they must be related!

Before you make any decisions, is there any chance they are microchipped? Did you check any social media sites like Facebook to see if lost kittens are reported? I hope not, since I think these kittens are truly meant to be with you!
Yes he does have extra toes! It's super cute. Jot sure if they're related. The little one was actually found in the hood of grandma's truck in town and they brought her back to the house, meanwhile the older kitten was already there and grandma said they were dumped. I checked my local lost and found pets and nothing, sadly there was a post where someone said they've seen a car driving in different areas dumping kittens, I don't know if it was the case with these but chances are it is. I live in a rural road and we get animals dumped a lot. 2 that I already have were also dumped. Have found a beautiful German Shepard with a blanket out by the stop sign, shivering and so scared. 😔 so our road is unfortunately known for that. We've rescued 2 from that and the others have found nice homes for. 😊 I am taking the older one to the vet sat so we will scan for micro chip. The little one unfortunately we can't keep so she is going to a no kill shelter where she will also be scanned. Chances are they are not. 😔 I live in southern al do that stuff isn't normal to do here.