Is it possible

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Pixie to get a cold from me? I have had a nasty cold and now she is sneezing a bit

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, colds are species-specific. Most species get them, but they are not communicable between species.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how long should I let the sneezing go before calling a vet she has only sneezed a few times its not been constant. and its been rather small sneezes.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really know if you can pass a cold on to your cat. I always assumed you could, and made sure I stayed away from them, or washed my hands good before I touched them.

If the cat is sneezing a lot, you should go to the vet, your cat could have an upper respitory infection.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many viruses are mutating to be multi species... The old thinking of no tranferance is being proven wrong almost daily.

As stated if kitty is sneezing and this is not normal for that cat( my herpes cats do regularly) time to call and or see the vet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard her sneeze maybe about 5 times today but not sure if she has when she was hiding when my sister came over. But I have been trying to keep an eye on her.