Is it possible to tell if a cat ever had kittens?

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if Tigger ever had kittens

She came to me as a 2 year old from the RSPCA - she was unspayed when she went into their care, and came from a home where there were way too many cats, all the cats had been breeding with each other, if I remember right 14 got taken in by RSPCA, I don't know if there were others that went elsewhere, but even now Tigger wants to be a baby, I'm wondering if she had kittens before the age of 2 and had to grow up too fast in order to raise the kittens?

Is this possible? How do I tell if she ever did have kittens?

I know Willow did not ever have kittens, her previous meowmy got her as a 8 week old kitten then had to give her to rescue at the age of 3, her previous meowmy got her spayed pretty much when she got her (I know this cause the rescue who took her in had it on record that she'd been spayed before going into their care)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she didn't get spayed until adulthood than there's a good chance that she did have at least one litter. The vet can tell during the spay. The vet that spayed my girls knew that Lily had had a litter but Sophie had not (this was in the paperwork I got from the shelter). Did the rescue give you her paperwork when you adopted her? I don't think there's a way to tell now since the spay has been done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got paperwork but nothing was said either way either in the paperwork, or by the RSPCA volunteers (I'm guessing the RSPCA volunteers didn't know)

Willow's getting offended at the mention of baby cats <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just remind her that she will always be your baby. :lovecat3:
oops not sure what happened there, tried quoting your post but it all disappeared

maybe cause Willow was saying that typing about any word beginning with B is not allowed <3

shes trying to stop typings