Is it possible to make a fish based recipe?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually make a chicken based recipe and use this item: Know Better For Cats - Chicken Recipe - For Making Homemade Cat Food

I wanted to know if there's a way to make a recipe with half chicken and half fish? Or only fish? I am concerned about mercury. Just wanted to see if this was being done by anyone. My cats love when I add sure catch tuna to their meals, but this just adds calories, so I wanted to create a recipe where it comes added already. Making the recipe with that tuna would be too costly.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, terestrife terestrife . I'm sorry that I can't help regarding using fish in homemade cat food. I only ever used chicken, turkey, rabbit, or pork. But I wondered if you had tried commercial raw. If you bought something like Northwest Naturals Beef & Trout or Whitefish in the freeze-dried raw nibbles, you could just crumble a little into their regular food occasionally for variety. There are other companies that make freeze-dried raw, too, like Stella & Chewy or Primal. I use NW Naturals because the bone content is better (lower) for my cats.