Is It Possible For Cat To Recover From Infection After Spaying?

vanemeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat got spayed on saturday and she got an infection. her surgery incision got swollen or something. i took her to the vet and he told he got an infection and injected her with some meds to fight it. Her temperature was higher than normal. Immediately after, she began to like drool. She kept meowing a lot and looked dehydrated. The vet told me it is normal. We finally got home and she is slowly bouncing back. We are still struggling to feed her. We are giving her rehydration drinks to help her. I am taking her back to the vet tomorrow for more med injection and to see how she is going. I am just concerned.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she keeping down the liquids she is drinking? I am asking this to see if the food issue is related to nausea. This may be something you could mention to the vet. What have you been trying to feed her? I have to go to bed now since I have to get up really early tomorrow morning for work. The questions I asked may also be helpful to other members for giving advice or sharing their experiences.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little white cats was spayed right before i got her, not the best job of it, and she was too young as well. My vet said about 6 weeks.

Anyway, she had a lot of problems over the next 4 months. infection, reaction to the suture materials, almost everything that could go wrong did, a few times. my Vet had to do surgery 3 more times to get it all taken care of. and the last time she spent 2 weeks with my vet, all decked out with stainless steel staples. :oops:

It took 4 months, a lot of hard work from my vet, and many tears and sleepless nights for me, i was so afraid she would not make it. But she did! 4 years later now she is healthy, happy and sassy! :heartshape: They can and do recover, dont give up hope, just be proactive about getting with the vet anytime you think you should, dont worry if you drive him a bit nuts...lol.. better safe than sorry. Sending her hugs and a hope for a speedy recovery! do keep us updated! :grouphug: