Is it ok to gently rub a female cats belly 6 days after spaying.

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My new 2 year old female cat Butterscotch apparently loves to have her tummy rubbed because when she lays next to me in bed or on the floor she rolls on her back for me to rub her tummy. I'm a little worried because she was just spayed 6 days ago and per the vet today when I showed her pictures of the spaying site (instead of bringing her in - free consult) even though there is only one stitch left the vet tech says shes heeling really good.

So is it ok to rub her belly as long as I do it gently or not?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think a little belly rubbing is fine - just be careful to avoid the stitches.
Thanks for the feed back. There is only 1 stitch left, plus her milk supply is still drying up so I just want to be extra careful with her. She jumps up and down from my bed with no problems and I do check her spaying area to make sure it looks good usually when she's laying on her back or side sleeping on my bed. The vet said that they do both internal and external stitches so she should be fine.

Can you tell that this is my first female cat and on top one that was just spayed and obviously part of her tummy was shaved due to the surgery which I know will grow back.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: Once you get past the spaying, there really isn't very much difference. She's lucky to have a mom who cares so much about her! :)

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Once you get past the spaying, there really isn't very much difference. She's lucky to have a mom who cares so much about her!
Very true, never thought about it that way. It's a good thing she has a dad who cares so much about her

tangerinemango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry! It never pays to make assumptions
Oh no that's ok I get that all the time on here, which is why I put the fur dad reference in my signature. It's all good.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah - I was on the mobile site...no signature shown! I'll be sure to check things more thoroughly in future :nod:

Last edited: