Is it ok to feed my cat dry food only?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashley45

My vet actually told me NOT to feed wet food. He said that it can cause internal infections. (And when Moses had blood in his stool a while ago he asked if he had EVER had wet b/c he thought that was what caused it.)

He also reccommended Science Diet, but I use Royal Canin b/c when I got Moses he was just tiny and Royal Canin has 2 stages of kitten food. (1-4 mos, and 4mos-1yr).
I would suggest doing some research... Most vet are like your dr when it comes to nutrition ( ie they arent the most knowledgeable)... You can actully NOW get Unviersity studies that show wet is better than dry

ashley45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would suggest doing some research... Most vet are like your dr when it comes to nutrition ( ie they arent the most knowledgeable)... You can actully NOW get Unviersity studies that show wet is better than dry
Oh I'm not suggesting my vet is extremely knowledgable...he also convinced me to get my kitten declawed, which is DEFINITELY frowned upon by most vets/animal rights activists.

But is he right that wet food can cause internal infections?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh I'm not suggesting my vet is extremely knowledgable...he also convinced me to get my kitten declawed, which is DEFINITELY frowned upon by most vets/animal rights activists.

If it did ALL my animals would have had those and to date about 10 animals NEVER have aside from occational worms

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spoiled canned food would problably cause some problems, which is why you are advised to pick up the uneaten food after 20-30 minutes.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I still have a lot to learn, but I've read up on this wet/dry thing until my eyes fell out and I have *never, ever* heard of any such info. My jaw dropped when I read that he said that. That's insane IMO. No offense intended.

All 8 of my cats eat wet food only (some raw)....and they are healthier than ever since getting away from dry food. I honestly believe that dry food was made with humans in mind, not cats. It's convenient. It has no other merits in my book.

A few of my favorite links on the subject...

www.catinfo.org

http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.ph...needcannedfood

http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.ph...dcleantheteeth