Is it normal my kitten doesn't growl or hiss?

mmatisse1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was his foster (with the rest of his family) when they were four weeks. Harry lives here with three dogs and other guest dogs that come and go. Everyone picks him up when they come over. I take him with us when we go to other family homes for meals and stuff. He is 4 months old now and has never growled or hissed at a person or animal. At what point should I expect him to get "sassy" lol? Maybe I adopted the most chill cat on the planet.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was his foster (with the rest of his family) when they were four weeks. Harry lives here with three dogs and other guest dogs that come and go. Everyone picks him up when they come over. I take him with us when we go to other family homes for meals and stuff. He is 4 months old now and has never growled or hissed at a person or animal. At what point should I expect him to get "sassy" lol? Maybe I adopted the most chill cat on the planet.
It seems he doesnt mind.  Because I take it, there are no negative consequences?   Aggressive dogs or molesting children, and he cant make a stand?

If everyone is friendly, he perhaps dont  feel any need to protest or warn.

Consider perhaps to train him as an Animal Therapy Cat...   :)

grandkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you were able to socialize him in a way in which he is accepting of all animals, two- and four-legged.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Garfy didn't like being picked up but he never growled or hissed, not once in all his 10 1/2 years.  He was a sweetheart.