Is it normal for cat to have lethargy after blood test and revolution plus?

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Just brought my cat in earlier today for her annual checkup. Blood test all normal. Only have mild infection on her left ear and was given ear medication for it. Vet mentioned that I should give revolution once every three months, and asked me when was the last time I applied revolution on my cat. I can't really remember when but I believe it has been over a year since. Therefore the vet applied revolution on my cat.

When we are back home, I noticed that her ears are extremely hot and that she was breathing with sounds. I think she's too stressed out as she's afraid of going out of house and will tremble if we head out. She's 100% indoor cat with a timid personality. I switched on the air conditioning for her and she seems to do better. She's now okay. No more breathing with sounds. Her breathing rate seems normal now but she seems to be more lethargy than ever. She still finished up her kibbles for dinner tho. It's just that she's not playful and is constantly laying down as she wants to sleep.

Not sure if that's normal. I don't think I'll apply revolution on her anymore.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Taking blood sampels may be quite stressful. Lets hope its just that.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps if she is really strictly indoor nor meets out going cats, she prob doesnt need no deworming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TeaMatcha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ps if she is really strictly indoor nor meets out going cats, she prob doesnt need no deworming.
I feed strays cats so maybe that's why the vet recommend revolution. But I think I'm not gonna let her have revolution ever again. She seems to be doing better now. Anyway, do you think vaccination is needed for cats after the initial first two doses?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its a good question.
When I began as a cat owner, the recommendation was to vaccinate every year. And we did so.
Although some whispered it was really enough every 2-3 years.

After some time it was told, when they are good and well vaccinated, the first vaccinations as kitten, and later on a reboost at perhaps 1- 2 years,
usually its enough, unless they are in a much infection pressure milieu...

I never deworm our inside only residents, nor are bathing them (they are shorthairs), and dont revaccinate them as full grown adults.