Is it almost time to sign up for secret santa again?

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How does everyone know what to shop for in advance, like before they get the name of their person? Everybody keeps saying they've already been shopping, but how do you know what kind of generic things are good ideas?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

How does everyone know what to shop for in advance, like before they get the name of their person? Everybody keeps saying they've already been shopping, but how do you know what kind of generic things are good ideas?
Good question. I just dropped a hint as to what the human here likes, not so much the cat (pretty rock, *sniff* eh, what else ya got. lol)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

like Mike posted..... You know we all like cats
Toys and treats go on sale regularly

I have a cupboard full of RAOK and SS stuff

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

like Mike posted..... You know we all like cats
Toys and treats go on sale regularly

I have a cupboard full of RAOK and SS stuff
Colour me clueless, but what is RAOK?

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Random Act of Kindness.

I cannot wait!!

I do have to say, it was really fun shopping for another Hoosier, but even more fun baking for one! I cannot promise yummy baked goods for anyone out of state.
Some of the things I make might become perishable after a few days outside of a fridge.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people shop in advance for cat toys and items, or for cat-themed items for the person, picking up things on sale through the year and saving them back for Christmas. You never know what particular things your person will like but there are some general things that usually go over well with anyone

Also, most split the gifts as in half are things for the cats, half are things for the human, etc. It is completely up to the sender.

For anyone new, this thread has links to all the different SS threads from last year. You can look through the received thread to see pictures of things people received to get ideas

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think this will be my 4th year participating
Secret Santa is fun! once you get your recipient's name you can stalk them all over the board cause sometimes people make random comments that can lead to the perfect gift

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Originally Posted by emrldsky

Random Act of Kindness.

It's amazing what a simple card with some cute sticky notes in it can do for a person who is going through a rough time

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to go with cat toys- lots of cat toys. My cats love toys and that is pretty much all I want from my SS : ) I usually try to send some sort of local chocolate for the human, but otherwise throughout the year I buy cat toys from places like PetSmart as they go on sale. I got a laser pointer for $3 last year! When I get the stuff on sale I can load up and have a pretty good bounty for my secret santa partner!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a blast shopping last year! I get a lot of stuff on sale or at the dollar store. I am still using the bath pillow that I got last year! I can't wait for this year!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I just checked the internation shipping rates

Wonder how many items I can fit for under 10lbs