is it a tear?? (on her bum)

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sara just went to the bathroom and i noticed the off to the side (sorry to be gross) of where to poop comes out there is a little red tear(it may not be a tear, but that is as best as i know how to describe it... i have never seen it before, but i dont spend a lot of time looking at her butt, it is not bleeding and it doesnt look like it has been bleeding, but it looks new... i am calling the vet, but has anyone else seen this or no what it might be...
thanks!

petnurse2265

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sounds like it could be an anal gland that abcessed out. Anal glands are scent glands located right inside the anus at about 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock. sometimes the fill up and don't empty out so the abscess out. Your cat should be seen by a vet to have the other side checked and go on some antibiotics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i called the (emergency hours) vet and they said to watch her tonight and take her in, in the morning if it is bothering her or if it doesnt look like it is going away(they said she might have had a poop that irritated it) i dont know, i will probably take her in no matter what it looks like, just to make sure