Is He a Siberian Cat? or just mixed persian? He is just 5 months old btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am definitely NOT an expert on this so I won't make any claims. But I happen to know a family member's pure Siberian cat, who looks like this.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont think this nice cat is neither... Surely no persian, and probably not siberian-mix...
Domestic long hair...

Blue tabby... Possibly solid with very strong ghost stripes... The exact pattern is often difficult to see on longhairs.
The problem is the cat seems to have reddish strikes... So a tortie?

If he were a brown tabby, I would guess its a warm brown coloring often seen in brown tabbies. But he is blue.

Male torties arent common, but they do happen...
ARE you sure he is a he??

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I dont think this nice cat is neither... Surely no persian, and probably not siberian-mix...
Domestic long hair...

Blue tabby... Possibly solid with very strong ghost stripes... The exact pattern is often difficult to see on longhairs.
The problem is the cat seems to have reddish strikes... So a tortie?

If he were a brown tabby, I would guess its a warm brown coloring often seen in brown tabbies. But he is blue.

Male torties arent common, but they do happen...
ARE you sure he is a he??

could it just be silver tarnishing? my sib is a silver smoke and has some rust /taupe type colored tarnish. he's a male. not as much of it as this cat has though. its mainly around his eyes and a little in the ruff

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is He a Siberian Cat? or just mixed persian? He is just 5 months old btw the last owner said before we adopt him that he is pure persian but i doubt it he looks like a siberian
I suggest getting a dna test done. never conclusive but it can tell you what breeds if any your kitten shares the most traits with. with kittens its hard to tell what the coat is going to look like later. especially if you live in a hot climate. I can tell you though that persians are pure floof from day one. I don't think his parents or him look persian. more than partially.. but they do look alike. and their coats do look special as does his. I can also see some traits that look similar to sib.. but to me again it doesn't really look more than sharing some similarities to the breed. even in hot weather my sib always has a ridiculous mane and when he was younger floofy tail. his tail is still floofy but no where near what it was like when he was young. I can see some similarities in the face though. a profile pic would help to see relations better though

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
His hair will grow longer right?

are you in a hot part of the world? longer haired cats with forest ancestry def are shorter haired when kittens and in summer but poof out in winter and once they've gotten to be about a year or so. he has a floofy tail. he's not a short haired for sure. your kitten may be med hair or he may be long haired. hard to tell. if you live in a part of the world where it never gets very cool he may never get to be much longer haired than he is.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
could it just be silver tarnishing? my sib is a silver smoke and has some rust /taupe type colored tarnish. he's a male. not as much of it as this cat has though. its mainly around his eyes and a little in the ruff
tx for your suggestion! It may be so; one parent is some sort of silver shaded, the other has a reddish nose (but apparently not tortie, so the genetic predispoitions are there.

ps. IF he is both tabby and tortie, it will be called for a torbie...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luiscatcatcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
are you in a hot part of the world? longer haired cats with forest ancestry def are shorter haired when kittens and in summer but poof out in winter and once they've gotten to be about a year or so. he has a floofy tail. he's not a short haired for sure. your kitten may be med hair or he may be long haired. hard to tell. if you live in a part of the world where it never gets very cool he may never get to be much longer haired than he is.
from the Philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.