is cat trying to get out of house to die

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is probably 'cat napping' (no pun intended, really). A lot of times it would seem Feeby is sleeping, but she really isn't. My husband calls her the 'faker'. He will attempt to talk to her and she seems like she is in a deep sleep, so he walks away. The minute his back is turned to her, she makes a move, be that putting her head up to watch him walk away or just re-positioning herself. Apparently, she was just relaxing, or at least that is how I look at it.

Use the check list @Furballsmom gave you and see what you think. But, tbh, before you became really, really worried about him, can you honestly say you paid as much attention to his 'behaviors' as you do now?

I could be wrong, but a cat who so uncomfortable that he can't sleep probably would be too uncomfortable to eat at all. How is he doing, btw, with his food? Also, is he still using the bed to chill on?
Youre so right. I realized today.. how much did i make note of his daily routines before. :) The list is helpful, but he doesnt do a lot of that normally.
BUT.. he is sleeping right now on the floor and i woke up in middle of hte night to find him on top of a bookcase - 5 ft high sound asleep. He was climbing on a lot of stuff yesterday. Really weird. Today he is more mellow but i did successfully get all his fluids in him - so i figured out how to keep him still for that. Thing is it went too fast and he has a big bulge under his front leg. The vet tech said htats ok.
Im waiting for vet to get back to me.. probably tomorrow if im lucky. I have a feeling any negative signs and shell tell me to put him down. (again)
Also... i dont think hes pooping. I have 2 cats, so its possible he did last night but it was awhile before that. Maybe 2 days? i read hte fluids could help him with that so im glad that was successful.