Is cat discharge normal?

Agirlwholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! I'm posting a lot but I enjoy it here since everyone loves cats as much as I do!

My female rescue had a life threatening uterus infection that developed in hours, at the speed of light, after a complicated labor. Kittens died. She needed emergency surgery to remove everything and clean up. 2 different antibiotics at home for 8 days, today she got her stitches removed 2 weeks post op. I was told the wound is healing well with no signs of infection... No pus, or bad smell.
I went to the vet in the morning, also to visit my dog that is hospitalized. Can't handle any more stress! A few minutes ago I see some sort of discharge under her!!!! I was freaked. It was anywhere between slimy and watery and for women, similar to human discharge (the transparent kind). It was slightly brown, doesn't smell bad at all, other than regular "pee" smell (it's not like I smell her pee, lol, but I'm guessing!) I'll leave a picture bellow. Has anyone experienced this? She's eating fine and being herself. Now for the tricky part: I can't tell if it came from her lady bits or her bum hole. Her bum looked wet. Her lady bits didn't!

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I do understand that you are running your own personal MASH unit as I have done that as well. :hearthrob:

I think that you should at least send the pic to the vet or bring it the next time you visit the dog, which I assume is frequently. Bringing the cat and the pic in to the vet is also a good strategy, but at least get the pic to them right away along with your explanation as you posted it. Things like smell can be important so be sure to include everything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Agirlwholovescats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do understand that you are running your own personal MASH unit as I have done that as well. :hearthrob:

I think that you should at least send the pic to the vet or bring it the next time you visit the dog, which I assume is frequently. Bringing the cat and the pic in to the vet is also a good strategy, but at least get the pic to them right away along with your explanation as you posted it. Things like smell can be important so be sure to include everything.
I get to go there everyday to visit my doggy, but it happened to be butt "discharge". It's normal for mucus to come out, and she actually tooted so it was probably an accident. Has been pooping normally! I'm now worried about it incision 🤦