Is Anyone Taking Probiotics?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello all!
Two of my doctors very recently mentioned using a probiotic on a daily basis would be beneficial for me. I do take them when on antibiotics, but not as a daily routine.

Can anyone suggest a brand which has at least 7 different strains and a minimum of 10 billion cfu? The more strains and colonies, the better.

I've done research but not sure which brand is most reputable and can't find a website that I trust enough to listen to their judgement.

I have Casper on a probiotic daily formulated for kidney disease which does seem to have good results for him so I imagine it would be the same for me :)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I truly believe in the benefits of probiotics. I've given them to my animals often. But when I took them for myself, (ones for humans, not animals) they made me sick. Really sick.
So I can recommend a good probio for animals but unfortunately not for humans. I know there are some good ones out there, but they're not cheap.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My doctor put me on Probiotics too. I have taken them about a year, with no adverse effects. I go to CVS drugstore and buy their brand. There are 180 capsules in the bottle. There are 10 strains. The dosage is one per day. It provides one billion CFU's. I am sorry, I don't remember what I pay. They are not cheap, but nothing is. I hope this helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks to both!

I'm not concerned with cost. It's not a factor in my decision. Just want to be sure I'm taking one which works well.
I'll look at the CVS brand mentioned... Looks like it meets my criteria.