Is Anyone Fascinated By Abandoned Buidlings?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol yep, there were some old houses deep in woods in Wva.
WE were told as kids to stay out of them. of course being kids that= go play in them .

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. We don't have too many here, except for the old hospital (which has since been torn down) and the old power plant. I love taking pictures of old buildings. So much history.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOVE LOVE old buildings and architecture - you will often find me walking down the street looking UP at buildings, instead of in the shop windows.
That is probably why I am always walking into things!

There is an old abandoned movie theatre that was supposed to be torn down but was saved at the last minute and it is going to be restored - it was used as a church for a while and now its just sitting there, all boarded up. I should take some photos now before it gets restored and after. I love looking at it, its so beautiful. I think there is a lot of beauty in old buildings. Here, a lot of old buildings are restored and converted into stores, and you will find me staring at the walls and ceilings instead of the stock in the stores.

This opacity website is gorgeous - I have bookmarked it, and you can bet that I will be back from time to time to look at it! Thank you!