Is anyone else technically minded?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

I really only hate the IT department, who gave them permission to be the only ones that know anything? No offense to any IT people.

~Rhonda
We are not there to help people. we are there to stop users from messing up my work machines.and my network of course

lol really, i dont even do stuff with my work machine that i do on my home computers.
sometimes the 2 dont go hand in hand .

one of the biggest fights we have here is over internet radio. Sure for one user to listen to new radio during the day is not a big deal, But you times that by 4000+ users and soon all your brandwidth is gone, and the company business network is down to snail speed. brandwidth=money and people just dont seem to get that sometimes, BUT but i do it at home all the time.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because you can! Can't you?

People around my neigborhood and at work, something think that because I have cats, I know everything about them and can fix any ailment they might have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

Lunasmom,
I am so sorry, I honestly didn't know you were in IT (inserted foot in mouth again!) You probably have a wonderful IT dept. that actually helps people.
Don't worry about it!
Believe me I do know what you're talking about...I Just experienced it yesterday when I called our ISP about some connection issues. They didn't even answer my question. I was
after the phone call.

I wish I had a department...actually I am the department. There are days I miss being around IT geeks though...maybe someday

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe it's just cause you all are so talented that the rest of us ignoramous feel you would surely know more than we would!
I would try to take it as a compliment..... I make those misconceptions all the time, I just figure anyone would be better than me! DH is a carpenter, but I always say "I cant' get the _______ to work right, can you fix it?!"
Sorry all, I never mean any harm by it, but I can understand why it could be frusterating too.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
theimp98;1464546one of the biggest fights we have here is over internet radio. Sure for one user to listen to new radio during the day is not a big deal said:
*Turns internet radio off and backs away from computer innocently* I guess its back to my trustly old tv/radio....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

*Turns internet radio off and backs away from computer innocently* I guess its back to my trustly old tv/radio....
hey now, if your company lets you do it go for it,,