Is anyone else sick right now??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Seth was hospitalized last night with drug resistant Pnemonia.He was sent home today--after rounds of Rocephin(sp),steroids,breathing treatments,IVs,etc.
I've been keeping up with your posts about that on facebook. I hope he feels better soon.
Poor little guy! Sending lots of vibes that way

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, sounds like you're feeling pretty crappy! I hope you will get better soon! I'm not sick, and hopefully I won't get sick for awhile. I shouldn't because I recently had an extremely traumatic event happen to me and I had to take thousands of mg's of different antibiotics all at one time, so my immune system is in super good contition right now lol. I'm not sick but I am sitting inpatient in a hospital going on my 6th day..... figure that one out lol

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update if you go get fluids - I hope they make you feel better!

Rocephin... I think that was the antibiotic that really helped mess me up worse!

Originally Posted by mismaris777

I'm not sick, and hopefully I won't get sick for awhile. I shouldn't because I recently had an extremely traumatic event happen to me and I had to take thousands of mg's of different antibiotics all at one time, so my immune system is in super good contition right now lol. I'm not sick but I am sitting inpatient in a hospital going on my 6th day..... figure that one out lol
Actually, antibiotics don't necessarily keep you from getting sick. They do nothing against viruses and nothing against the bacteria resistant to whatever you've been taking - in fact it can make it easier for those resistant ones to hit you.

Please be very careful in the hospital as it can be a source for those bacteria. Some of the worst ones are not killed by the alcohol disinfectants.