Is Anyone Else Here A Wimble Tennis Fan?

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[font= "Comic Sans MS"]I still don't understand the scoring system...
Could somebody elaborately explain this to me? I get so confused, about the sets and games and tie-breakers and points!
[/font]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOOHOO!!!!! What a nice day early Birthday present! (I'll be 56 tomorrow). Venus Williams won THE LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP! This will be the fourth time she's won. She was the second lowest seed to ever win. Does anyone know who the lowest seed was?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

[font= "Comic Sans MS"]I still don't understand the scoring system...
Could somebody elaborately explain this to me? I get so confused, about the sets and games and tie-breakers and points!
[/font]
see below for the Wimbledon web site - theres tons of information, fascinating facts & history
you'll certainly learn more than just how to score !

Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

WOOHOO!!!!! What a nice day early Birthday present! (I'll be 56 tomorrow). Venus Williams won THE LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP! This will be the fourth time she's won. She was the second lowest seed to ever win. Does anyone know who the lowest seed was?
you might find the information here at the Wimbledon web page

Well done Venus, she certainly did well, I quite liked her opponent though Marion Bartoli and I am sure we'll see a lot more of her

van

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Venus has a killer serve. A bit like Roddick. Its what helped her overpower Sharapova, Kuznetskova and Bartoli.